Tuesday 11 July 2017

Cake

Hi Everybody!

Today we are starting a new challenge, and our lovely Wilma is hosting.
She is a very talented artist , and I am happy to see her as
a member of our blog and to see her
sharing her work here.
Here she is to tell you all about it:

" Hello Tuesday Taggers,
It is my turn again - Wilma from Newcastle,  NSW,  Australia.  When Valerie asked me to choose a theme, I am not really sure what I was thinking about at the time - probably something nice for morning tea- so I chose CAKE... I know that you will all find this subject easy to relate to, and will be producing some delicious looking tags. I made three - the first one is  a play on the words "The Icing on the Cake" . On a background of cake paper, I drew an ice skater tentatively balancing on the icing...


As it is close to Bastille Day, I was thinking of the famous saying "Let them eat cake" which has often been attributed to Marie Antoinette. We now know she didn't say that , so perhaps she did say "I'll eat my cake!" - that's what I would have done! This tag is one of my watercolour and ink drawings, with some cut out words from a magazine.


The third tag is the simplest of all - a page from an old magazine, cut out to resemble a window frame, looking in at the woman obviously baking a cake in her kitchen.


Hope these have helped you to create some CAKE tags  and then post your link on this page. Have fun - oh, and eat some cake!'

I am sure you will all be inspired by Wilma's art and words.
And as Wilma said, eat plenty of cake, I am sure it will help, too!
We were very happy that so many joined in again last time,
and are hoping you will have fun joining us again.
As always, you have 2 weeks to link your tags to us, and
tags of all formats are welcome - we are looking forward to
seeing them! 

Valerie







9 comments:

  1. All wonderful tags Wilma and all so different. Great inspiration

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags, especially love the middle one. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tags - I love all three!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tags are great It would get you inspired Hope you stop by and flower me

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely tags also i want to give
    Thanks to your visit and kind words on my blog, I really appreciate them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments - so interesting to see the many different interpretations of such an 'everyday' theme. I really love seeing increasing numbers of participants in Tag Tuesday - not too late, still a little over a week to create tags for this round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tags. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tags Wilma! Great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time here and better late than never ~ thanks for hosting ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/